Friday, July 31, 2009

Mad with Add Math!!!

I was so mad, furious, frustrated today, and the entire feeling blends so well till I almost down with a heart break. The feeling was so intense that I have to pour it out in an open space. I was so damned furious with my students, and it’s so because of Additional Mathematics!


picture taken before my outburst

Additional Mathematics or in a short form known as an Add Math always send shivers to most of the Malaysian students. By statistics based on my school, Add Math is ranked amongst the bottom list for the previous exam result, follows by Physic, Biology and Chemistry. Some of the students even have AddMathphobia, a nick named by one of my fellow teachers.


one of my student trying out the question given on the whiteboard


As an engineering student and an ex engineer, I have found that Math and Calculus is not that hard. It seems hard to solve the problem, but in fact, when one’s look closer and read the question thoroughly, actually it is a straight to the point, one by one solving steps.

Looking back to the AddMathphobia, one’s created fears due to the difficulties in Add Math problem solving.The real question here, are we really read the question given and make use of whatever hints@formula provided for the question? Then, how do we know which formula should be use?These questions only can be answered by doing tons and tons examples and Addmath exercises.

Well, no pain no gain…one’s must strive harder for success. We have to remember; to be on top of the ladder of success begins with a step at the bottom step of the ladder.

1 comment:

  1. huhuhu....saba miss (sy pun terasa gak sbb penah pnteng kals miss dulu huhuhu)...nape la x denda je budak tuh? bg keje skolah ke...report kt parents ke...diri atas kusi...ketokketampi ke... jln itik 1 blok ke...x pun bende neh miss bleh eport kt HEM kn?? sbb melawan guru...

    pape pun saba ye miss...
    sy paham perjuangan miss...huhuhuhu

    ReplyDelete